Lingual Braces in Pinner
Lingual dental braces are ideal for patients who want to straighten their teeth but are conscious about the look of traditional metal braces. West House Dental can provide lingual braces as a treatment option to correct crooked teeth, an overbite or a crossbite.
Lingual hidden braces are fixed orthodontic appliances that are fitted behind the teeth, making them completely invisible from the front.
Not all Orthodontists and practices offer lingual braces, due to the additional training required to place lingual braces.
At West House Dental, we are proud to have Dr Telmo Iceta, who has a special interest in Orthodontics and experience with Lingual braces.
Are Lingual Braces the best option for me
Lingual dental braces can be great for many reasons. Some excellent reasons for having lingual braces are:
- Lingual braces are completely invisible to others and are popular with celebrities.
- Lingual braces are fixed appliances, making them ideal for patients or children who may be less compliant with removable braces such as Invisalign.
However lingual braces can take a bit of getting use to. Common issues are:
- Some initial difficulties in speech, which can be overcome through practice.
- Some difficulties swallowing, as you can’t thrust your tongue against your teeth. Some people swallow by pressing their tongue against their teeth, which is generally not ideal as it puts pressure on the front teeth and pushes them out. Lingual braces will force you to learn to swallow with a different technique and it usually takes a few weeks to get use to.
- Brushing can be more difficult and it’s recommended to brush your teeth at least 4 times a day when wearing lingual braces.
- With lingual braces you also need to be careful about which foods you eat. You will have to refrain from things like toffee, raw vegetables or chewing gum.
The main advantages of hidden lingual braces are aesthetic. And if you are diligent in your cleaning and eating regime, then invisible lingual braces can be ideal if you are concerned about the way braces would look.
Call 020 8866 3025 to book a free consultation with Dr. Telmo Iceta who will answer any questions you have and discuss with you the various orthodontic options best suited for your specific smile.
The environment inside is just stunning and like a show home
I have honestly never felt so calm going to the dentist
I can't talk highly enough of my experience so far! Every touch point has put the patient first.
My teeth have never felt so lovely. I can't stop looking at them!