Anti Wrinkle Injections
Developing wrinkles is a normal part of the aging process, especially around the eyes, forehead, and corners of the mouth.
This is because as we age our skin loses some of its natural elasticity, becomes drier, and loses some of the collagen in the deeper layers of the skin.
Also, factors like diet, genetics, chronic stress, smoking, repeated facial expressions like smiling, and ultraviolet (UV) exposure also contribute significantly to the wrinkling process.
It’s perfectly normal to feel dissatisfied with how these changes make you look and feel.
Some people worry that it makes them appear stressed while others would rather preserve a youthful appearance!
In that case, one of the most popular treatments for wrinkling is anti-wrinkle injections.
What Are Anti Wrinkle Injections?
They are just another name for a common cosmetic procedure popularly known as Botox.
It involves injecting small amounts of Botulinum Toxin under the skin to relax the muscles that cause wrinkles.
As a result, your face has a smoother appearance.
How Do Anti-Wrinkle Injections Work?
The Botulinum Toxin used in Botox injection sends signals to the muscles of your face telling them to relax.
These muscles are attached to the skin and are responsible for a significant amount of wrinkling that occurs as we grow older.
By temporarily paralyzing these muscles you can achieve significantly smoother, less wrinkled skin almost instantly.
Things You Should Know Before Getting Anti Wrinkle Injections UK
Anti-wrinkle injections are very effective and quite safe. However, there are important details that you need to be aware of before choosing Botox.
- It’s not a permanent solution. Botox for Marionette lines is a very effective choice, but it does not offer a permanent solution. For most people the effects start to wear off after 3-4 months and another treatment may be needed.
- A first-time consultation is very important. Before receiving your Botox injections, you will have an extensive consultation with your doctor. They ask you some questions, examine your face and body etc. to ensure that the procedure is 100% safe for you.
- Sometimes it leads to the loss of a certain amount of facial expression. Most modern techniques have made this complication much less likely, so it’s a rare complication especially in experienced hands.
- It involves the use of needles. Botox involves injections to the face. However, the needles are very tiny, and the pain is generally quite mild. You may be given painkillers or told to hold ice over your face to help with the pain.
- The results are not instantaneous. Botox injections work quicker than most other anti-wrinkle treatments, but it still takes a couple of days for the full results of the treatment to become visible.
Alternative Anti-Wrinkle Treatments You Might Want To Look Into
Botox is an effective, affordable, convenient, and safe treatment for wrinkles.
However, your facial aesthetic consultant, may recommend alternative options for one reason or the other. Here are some of the other options.
- Use sunscreen with an SPF of at least
- Dermal fillers (also called wrinkle fillers)
- Anti-wrinkling creams and supplements
- Dermabrasion and microdermabrasion
- Chemical peels
Why You Should Choose West House Dental
At West House Dental we are 100% committed to your care through a uniquely individualized treatment program that caters to the needs of each client.
All our treatments are non-surgical, reversible, effective, and safe. Our facial aesthetic expert is highly qualified and offers years of experience.
Rest assured that our calm and professional approach is enough to wipe the worry lines from your face.