Our teeth are covered in enamel, which is the strongest substance in the human body, and can withstand a tremendous amount of wear and tear.
However, tooth decay and other dental issues can damage teeth over time, weakening their structure and exposing the root.
A dental crown can act as a shield, protecting the remaining tooth and helping you smile with confidence.
Dental crowns are also some of the most versatile restorative treatments, and they can offer a plethora of benefits for your oral health.
- Dental crowns can support a weak or damaged tooth that is severely affected by tooth decay, protecting it from further damage.
- Dental crowns also have an aesthetic function: they can cover a misshapen tooth and provide a flawless natural appearance.
- Our clinic offers precise, durable, masterfully crafted dental crowns that match the natural shade of your teeth.
- Dental crown fittings are quick and painless procedures.
What are dental crowns?
A dental crown, also known as a dental cap, is a cover that completely encircles a tooth or dental implant, providing protection from wear and tear.
Unlike dentures, which can be removed, dental crowns are cemented in place with a special adhesive.
Dental crowns are available in shades and materials that vary from understated to bold aesthetic statements.
With proper care and maintenance, dental crowns can last many years and make a long-lasting investment for your confidence and oral health.
Restorative functions of dental crowns
Dental Crowns are primarily used for restorative purposes and can be an excellent solution if:
- One or more of your teeth have been severely damaged by tooth decay
- You have undergone root canal treatment and are considering tooth restoration options
- You want to have a dental bridge fitted and it needs an anchor
- You have a weak tooth and want to prevent fracturing
- You don’t have enough tooth remaining for a dental filling
Cosmetic functions of dental crowns
Dental crowns can also cover dental imperfections and give you a flawless smile in record time.
Are you a good candidate?
- You have a misshapen tooth that needs to be lengthened or widened
- You have tooth discolouration
- You want to cover a dental implant with a natural looking replacement
Why choose our clinic?
We strive for excellence in everything we do and go the extra mile to provide premium dental care to every one of our patients.
From the initial consultation to the follow-up check-ups, you can count on us for effective, compassionate and professional care.
Our London clinic is a friendly and welcoming environment where you can enjoy a painless dental crown fitting and receive bespoke oral health advice from our dentists.
Whether you are interested in dental crowns for their restorative or cosmetic benefits, we’re here to help.