Tooth enamel is the strongest substance in the human body and can withstand a tremendous amount of wear and tear.
However, tooth decay and other dental issues can damage teeth over time, weakening their structure and exposing the root.
A dental crown acts as a shield, which protects the remaining tooth and helps you smile with confidence.
Dental crowns can offer many benefits for your oral health.
- They support a weak or damaged tooth that is severely affected by tooth decay, protecting it from further damage.
- Dental crowns can cover a misshapen tooth and provide a flawlessly natural appearance.
- Our clinic offers precise, durable, masterfully crafted dental crowns that match the natural shade of your teeth.
- Dental crown fittings are quick and painless procedures.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Also known as a dental cap, a dental crown is a cover that completely encircles a tooth or dental implant, providing protection from wear and tear.
Unlike dentures, dental crowns can not be removed.
A special adhesive is used to cement dental crowns in place.
Dental crowns are available in shades and materials that vary from simple to bold aesthetic statements.
With proper care and maintenance, dental crowns can last many years and make a long-lasting investment for your confidence and oral health.
Restorative Functions of Dental Crowns
Dental Crowns are an excellent solution if:
- You have one or more teeth that have been severely damaged by tooth decay
- You’ve undergone root canal treatment and are considering tooth restoration options
- You want to have a dental bridge fitted and it needs an anchor
- Your tooth is weak and you want to prevent fracturing
- You don’t have enough tooth remaining for a dental filling
Cosmetic Functions of Dental Crowns
In some cases, dental crowns can also be used to cover dental flaws and give you a perfect smile in record time.
You could be a good candidate if you have the following:
- A misshapen tooth requires lengthening or widening
- Discoloured tooth
- A need to cover a dental implant with a natural-looking replacement
Your dentist will of course discuss the best option for your specific condition.
Why Choose Our Clinic?
We strive for excellence in everything we do and go the extra mile to provide premium dental care to all our patients.
From the initial consultation to follow-up check-ups, you can count on us for effective, compassionate and expert care.
Our London clinic is a friendly and welcoming environment where you can enjoy a painless dental crown fitting and receive bespoke oral health advice from our dentists.
Whether you are interested in dental crowns for their restorative or cosmetic benefits, we’re here to help.