If you’re like most parents, you probably know that it takes a lot of patience and persuasion to make your little one brush their teeth before bedtime.
Fortunately, we can help!
At West House Dental, our team of dedicated and experienced dentists will turn your kid’s dental checkup into a fun and pleasant experience that will instil lifelong healthy habits.
- 1 in 4 children in the UK will have developed tooth decay by the time they start school¹
- Tooth decay was the most common reason for hospital admissions in children ages 5 to 9 between 2013 and 2014²
- Although common, tooth decay is highly preventable with regular check-ups and oral health education from an early age
- The kid’s dentists at West House Dental offer professional dental care for babies, toddlers and kids, using a friendly and considerate approach.
Early Children’s Dental Checkup – The Foundation for a Beautiful Smile
Good oral hygiene is key in cavity prevention and it’s important that children grow up knowing that going to the dentist is nothing to be afraid of.
It’s never too early to introduce your child to sitting in the dentist’s chair.
From the baby’s first dental appointment, as soon as their first tooth appears, regular checkups every six months will ensure that your child grows up with a healthy smile.
At West House Dental, we want to build the child’s confidence when visiting the dentist and develop healthy milestones to boost oral health.
During each check-up, we look at the early signs of tooth decay and gum problems and, in the long run, we monitor tooth development so that we can treat any issue as soon as possible.
Baby teeth need regular checkups because they are the foundation for healthy adult teeth.
If they are not properly cared for, they may need removal ahead of time, causing teeth misalignment issues that could require extensive orthodontic work in the future.
Even though your child does not have any symptoms or dental issues, you shouldn’t wait until late childhood for the first dental visit.
Checking tooth development regularly is the safest way to address dental issues before they require extensive treatment.
It will also acclimatise them to the dentist chair, so that they grow up seeing dental appointments as a normal part of their routine.
Fun and Painless Kid’s Dental Checkups
West House Dental is a family-oriented dental practice in London, where the patient’s comfort comes first.
Our dentists experienced in paediatric dentistry know how to make children feel safe and at ease and encourage them to develop sustainable oral health education.
We focus primarily on prevention.
To prevent the risk of tooth decay, we give parents bespoke advice on how to motivate kids to brush their teeth, as well as healthy snack ideas.
As part of the checkup, if required, we also apply a fluoride varnish to the teeth to help strengthen the teeth and prevent cavities.
If your child requires treatment for an oral health issue, we will intervene in a gentle, painless manner. We understand that children often associate the dentist chair with an unpleasant experience, which is why we take the time to make them feel comfortable.
- A report on the prevalence and severity of dental decay. Source: Public Health England. National Dental Epidemiology Programme for England: oral health survey of five-year-old children, 2015.
- The state of children’s oral health in England. Source: Royal College of Surgeons, Faculty of Dental Surgery, 2015.